G. H. Cretors Popped Corn Makes Great Gift, Holiday Treat

I am a snacker. I rarely eat breakfast and I usually eat light at mealtime, so a few munchies in between are a necessity. Popcorn is one of my very favorite snacks and I have it at least once a week in some form - either out of a bucket at the movies, or a bag of popped stuff from the microwave or some yummy flavored stuff.

I recently was sent some samples of G.H. Cretors Popcorn to try. The company has a long history that dates back to 1885. With all natural ingredients, this gourmet popcorn company has been perfecting their craft for five generations.



I sampled the "Just the Caramel Corn" flavor, which was really just a perfect example of what caramel corn should be. "The Mix" included that caramel corn along with cheese popcorn - a combo that is quite common in Chicago. It was really good and up there with some of the fresh versions that are available from shops and vendors in the city. They use made-from-scratch caramel and real cheddar cheese and you can taste the difference. The "Chili Jalapeño White Cheddar" was a whopping burst of hotness that was definitely too much for me (I'm admittedly just a wimp when it comes to spicy stuff and usually shy away with anything with the name jalapeño in it). However, I just couldn't stop eating it even though my mouth was burning. I finished a 16 ounce bottle of water along with a handful of it, but aside from the heat, it had great flavor...and that made me eat way more of it that I thought I would. If you have someone who is a big fan of heat, put a bag in their stocking and they will be a happy camper.

Other flavors available include Organic Dill Pickle, Just the Cheese Corn and Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil. G. H. Cretors Popcorn can be found at large retailers, such as Target and Walmart and online at Jet.com and Amazon.com.


Comments